Wednesday, May 19, 2010

...I couldn't spell?

I'm 24 years old and I can't spell. In about 5th or 6th grade I was in the State Homeschool Spelling Bee. I didn't win. Want to know what I messed up on?

Maybe

I couldn't remember if it was M-a-b-e-y or M-a-y-b-e... so confusing. I'm pretty sure I had a boy in one of my classes at the elementary school with the last name "Mabey". You might be wondering what brought this up. Well... I'm editing a resume for my boyfriend (I know. The girl who can't spell. That's what spell check is for.) and I have to use a word I have loathed for a very long time. I have never been able to spell it right- ever. Usually I will just change my wording so I don't have to use it- but today I decided to take it head on.

Necissary

or is that Nesiccary?

Nessicary?

Nescicary?

now they are all looking wrong. One day I'll grow up and learn to spell. Thank goodness for Spell Check.

No comments:

Post a Comment