Wednesday, January 6, 2010

...Sherylee The-most-Amazing-girl-ever Erickson was called to the OPM?

Oh yes. It's that great that I have to blog about it. So a little background...

As a Missionary for the church it's volunteer-especially for the girls. There are LOTS more boys than girls that serve missions. The fact we pay our own way- which can be quite expensive considering it's about $400 a month for 18-24 months- makes it even harder. It's SOOO worth it though- one of the best things I've ever done in my life. But the thing is- you don't know where you will be called to serve your mission. You don't even get a request- you can imagine the wait is torture and when the big white envelope comes you can't open it fast enough to find out where you will be living for the next long while. I was SOOOOOOO lucky to get to serve in the Oregon Portland Mission (OPM)- aka the Only Perfect Mission- specifically assigned to speak ASL and work with the Deaf community up there. I loved it so much an was able to make so many friends...

Anyway... my friend got her mission call today to the BEST mission ever... yes. That's right! I'm freaking outright now because she gets to go play in P-town! And not just any part of P-Town but in my Deaf areas!!!!!! AUGH!!!

So basically I had to "Ahhhhhhhhhh" for Sherylee... Look out Portland- here comes Sista Erickson!

No comments:

Post a Comment